This SAH Women in Architecture Bibliography is a dynamic, ever-expanding groundbreaking achievement of the SAH Women in Architecture Affiliate Group (SAH WiA AG) Registers Committee and a celebration of international collaboration.
The Register of Bibliographic References was created by Barbara Ann Opar, with technical support by Hannah Joelle Deichler, edited by Rebecca Siefert, Anna Sokolina, and Margaret Birney Vickery; with gratitude for additional reference lists to Harriet Harriss and Mari Nakahara, and to Laura Sánchez Carrasco, the contributor of the Spanish references section; for the first round of peer review and contribution—to members of SAH WiA AG Registers Committee: Laura Sánchez Carrasco, Gül Kale, Gillian Mahoney, Rebecca Siefert, Anna Sokolina, Nina Stritzler-Levine, and Margaret Birney Vickery; for the second round of peer review and contribution—to Danielle S. Willkens and members of SAH WiA AG Council.
Attribution in writing: Opar, Barbara Ann, author, edited by Rebecca Siefert, Anna Sokolina, Margaret Birney Vickery, and SAH WiA AG Registers Committee. “SAH Women in Architecture Bibliography.” Published July 15, 2021. https://sahwiabibliography.sah.hcommons.org.
The SAH Women in Architecture Affiliate Group Registers Committee was established on December 18, 2020 as a global initiative of SAH WiA Affiliate Group. The Committee represents the breadth of interests of the SAH community by creating a comprehensive database on women’s contribution to the discipline.
The Purpose of the Committee is to create, maintain and advance:
- SAH WiA Bibliography—a Register of Bibliographic References that is composed of:
- The list of book titles on the built environment authored/edited BY women, who are architectural and art historians, educators, curators, critics, other protagonists in our profession;
- The list of book titles ABOUT women’s contribution to the built environment integrating works in broader diversity, border- and cross-disciplinary studies, covering various geographies, and areas relevant to understanding and teaching the subject;
- The list of theses ABOUT women’s contribution to the discipline;
- The list of book and theses references in languages other than English.
- SAH WiA AG Networks—a Register of likeminded organizations, institutions, and other alliances across borders and disciplines.
- SAH WiA AG Interactive Oral Histories—a collection of recorded interviews documenting personal histories of women in the profession.
The SAH WiA AG Registers of Bibliographies, Networks, and Interactive Oral Histories are maintained and updated by designated members of the Committee, as the open-access resources of information to advocate collaboration, education initiatives, and broader organization. SAH WiA AG Registers Committee website: https://sahwomeninarchitectureaffiliategroup.sah.hcommons.org/registers-committee.